LUF Relationship promoting Activities Prize
The LUF Relationship promoting Activities Prize (LUF RAP) is awarded to student activities or initiatives (in the broadest sense of the word) that promote cohesion. It was established by the Leiden University Fund (LUF) at the instigation of the Committee for General Student Activity Grants (CASSA).
The prize (max. €5,000) is awarded to an initiative undertaken by Leiden University students that brings together different faculties or associations or promotes cohesion between the academic community and the local community in Leiden or The Hague. The prize is awarded during the annual CASSA reception at the end of February.
Initiatives that qualify for the prize are:
- broadening and/or deepening;
- conceived by Leiden students;
- aimed at a group that includes people studying at Leiden University.
The initiative must also bring people together. The following are welcomed:
- activities or initiatives by multiple study or student associations and/or students from different faculties;
- activities or initiatives that strengthen cohesion in Leiden or The Hague, in the sense of bringing together the University and local communities in Leiden or The Hague.
How to apply
The application process consists of three rounds.
- Round one is a visit to CASSA on a Monday morning. Make an appointment via LUF (071 513 0503 or firstname.lastname@example.org) beforehand;
- After visiting the consultation hour, the application must be submitted online via the LUF website by 21 January 2022 at the latest. It must be clear who is entering for the prize, what the initiative is and what the motivation behind it is. A budget must also be provided. CASSA will select several initiatives to go through to the final.
- For the third and final round, the nominees have to present their initiative during the CASSA reception by means of a video. In this third round, the winners are chosen by an annually changing committee, of which at least one person is a member of CASSA
- The LUF RAP is a guaranteed grant of max. €5,000 that is awarded before the initiative or activity is undertaken;
- The Prize may be equal to the entire budget of the initiative or activity;
- Entrants may not apply for the LUF RAP together with another CASSA grant.
- When the activity has taken place, we would like to receive a final report within two months